It’s All About Him
Do you ever find that it takes you a while to remember what worship is really about?
In church this morning it wasn’t until the last verse of the second song that I suddenly remembered I was supposed to be thinking about the words, and I was supposed to be focusing on and worshipping God!!
Last night I was up for about 2 hours in the night with my 2 year old, so I was a bit tired, and I am out of practice since I have missed church for three weeks running due to the same 2 year old being ill. But those are just excuses, and I was quite shocked that it took me so long to realise where my mind was.
So I tried to refocus my thoughts, from thinking about how good the band was, and how I liked that song, and whether I should sing harmony or melody, to how great God is!
And very appropriately for me, the next song was, ‘When the Music Fades’ which says, ‘I’m coming back to the heart of worship, and it’s all about You, it’s all about You, Jesus.’ I grinned inwardly as I rebuked myself and tried to take that message on board.
In thinking about those words as I sung, I also realise that the words could be applied to our life too. It’s all about You, Jesus.
- It doesn’t matter what other people think of you, because what is really important is what God thinks.
- It doesn’t matter so much if nobody loves you, because God does.
- It doesn’t matter what things you gain or lose in this world, because at the end of the day ‘it’s all gonna burn’ and only what’s eternal will last.
- It doesn’t matter how hard tomorrow might look like it’s going to be, because the great God who made heaven and earth is for you, and is on your side!
- It doesn’t matter if you die tonight, because you will see Him who loves you more than anyone else, and will go to a place where there is no weeping or pain (assuming you are a Christian).